The mining industry has dealt with technology from the last century for far too long. Imagine software that’s slow, clunky and you need a mini PhD to figure out how to use it.
That’s exactly why we’ve built CorePlan.
The past 12 months have seen a phenomenal business growth for us with over 10x in revenue with over 400 users.
CorePlan empowers mining and drilling companies in mineral exploration to work smarter by moving from email and spreadsheets to a full digital operations platform.
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business locally, globally (and then the moon!). Our customers range from large mineral exploration companies like AngloGold and Chalice Mining to entrepreneurial drilling companies such as Durock and Raglan to small boutique drillers and innovative juniors.
Our team is small but we are gearing for growth to double our headcount in the next couple of months.
You will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and fearlessly juggling multiple tasks, projects or what not. You are a self-starter, a self educator, a true wordsmith, and an organiser of chaos. You are an unstoppable force of nature that get sh*t done from mapping out campaigns to planning our events to ironing the table cloth if it doesn’t look quite right.
The sky's the limit here - this job will give you the opportunity to acquire diverse experience on an accelerated timeline vs. what you would get at a "normal" job.
About the job
As part of the marketing team, we are looking for someone who likes pushing boundaries (not pencils) and push our initiatives forward. Joining the team means you will have a front seat to the marketing strategy and how we will continue to grow and scale into uncharted territories.
We are looking for a talented energetic go-getter to hop on and do. This role requires someone who takes pride in being able to understand customers, and speak to them eloquently (both verbally, and in writing) about CorePlan’s value proposition. You will be have a strong interest in building CorePlan’s brand through events, email, advertising, socials and other channels.
This role will evolve with you, based on your skill set and success. Do you want to specialise into one area? Or do you want to be gun for our head of marketing position?
But for now, your day to day activities will include:
- Writing: You believe that the pen is mightier than the sword and know how to use your weapon of choice. Using press releases, Socials, sales decks, and product updates, you can embody the voice of CorePlan while clearly communicating the message at hand.
- Events: We’ve established ourselves in industry events with some great exposure and personality. Now it’s your turn. You will be tasked with owning this space from ideation to onsite management. This means trade shows, industry sundowners, our own events (and more).
- Data analysis: You're comfortable in Excel/Google Sheets/Google Analytics, can do pivot tables in your sleep, and pull in insights from data sets when needed to help guide the team in the right direction.
- Digital Strategy: Help develop and improve our digital strategy as well as jump in on the day-to-day management of each platform.
- CRM & Marketing Automation: You will live and breathe out of the grand ole mighty CRM and other automation tools. You will create email campaigns and workflows that target customers at awareness, consideration and decision phases
You don’t need to be a master of each and every thing above (except writing, of course) but an understanding would be fantastic!
Love what you're seeing so far? We're looking for you if you are:
- a team player with great interpersonal skills
- an owner not a renter: we want you to love your role and the brand.
- LOVES marketing!
- Gooder than good in written and verbal communication, including external communication to all levels of a company (including C-suite) in a professional manner
- A problem solver, and has a deep love of action (getting sh*t done)
- Can bring a creative flair to help our events, content, and brand stand out from the crowd
- Are comfortable leading complex projects with little oversight
- Don’t shy away from working in Excel and data sets
- Don’t shy away from talking to customers
- a task master, like to get things done and finish a to-do list
- you like to figure things out. You’ve an investigator, a researcher, a curious learning machine
What will you get in return?
- jumping aboard a rocket ship at the ground floor!
- hands-on experience working with a modern software platform which is revolutionising the mining industry.
- autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours.
- learn everything you need to launch your own startup.
- a flexible workplace with a team of extraordinary, motivated and fun co-workers
- the opportunity to make an impact and grow with the business as we expand rapidly.
- build a unique network in the mining and technology industry.
- unlimited supply of chocolate to stimulate creativity when you're in the office
How to Apply
Applying is a piece of cake, but like with all good things it takes time. See, while we know you're awesome, it's actually really hard to find you in the midst of literally hundreds of the other applications we receive.
So, this is where we're going to ask you for a huge favour: can you make it really easy and obvious how great you are, so we don't accidentally overlook you?
There are probably many ways to do that, but the easiest way to do this is by clicking the apply now button below.